Even though most tend to suck, I like watching movies based on books. (Specifically YA books.) I like all the excitement surrounding them and seeing how things change. (Usually I end up mad at the things that change, but still.) I can never choose actors that I think would fit certain roles, but I like imagining books as movies. Here are five I think could be good if they were ever made into film:
1. The Paisley Hanover series by Cameron Tuttle. Funny teen movies are my favorite. (I love Mean Girls and Heathers and I'm DYING to see Easy A.) Paisley is funny. She's a teen. Therefore I think this could be good. (Also she reminds me of Georgia Nicolson and I adored the Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging movie.)
2. The Scarlett series by Maureen Johnson. Again, funny teen. Also, if this series was ever made into a film, I would have a Spencer to stare at. (That's really the only reason I put the series on the list.)
3. The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson. Ok, so I think it would be really hard to explain a steampunk, alternate history universe to the general public, but still. Things blowing up always make for an exciting movie. There would have to be a ton cut from the book because there's so much going on, but I still think it could be good. It would at least be pretty.
4. The Naughty List series by Suzanne Young. Spying makes for an exciting read, but perhaps a more exciting film. A movie based on this series could be super funny and quotable. (Quotability is a very important quality in a movie, I think.)
5. The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez. I finished reading this the other day (it was very good!) and I totally think it would work as a movie. A movie that I would probably have to end up watching in Spanish class, but still. It would be way better than any of the other movies I watched in Spanish class last year.