Because even though it's two weeks into the new year, it's never too late to record the things that I most want to read in 2013 so that I do not forget.
1. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan (May 7) - It may have an awful cover, but I'm sure the text is nothing short of wonderful. If there's anyone that could get me to read a paranormal book, it's David Levithan.
2. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler (May 21) - Sarah Ockler is one of my favorite authors, and I'll happily read anything she writes, even though this one comes out right around my finals time.
3. Mind Games by Kiersten White (February 19) - Kiersten White's other novels always bring me joy, and since this one promises espionage, I think I'll like it even more than the rest.
4. 17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma (March 21) - The theme of this list is "authors with previous books I love," and Nova Ren Suma fits perfectly into that. I'm also excited for this book because its title alone will force me to confront the fact that I am now (slightly) older than most YA heroes and heroines.
5. City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster (February 5) - It may just be the pretty cover that makes me remember this one so well, but ever since I first heard about this book months ago I've been excited to read it.